We’ve put together the following information to help you when supplying us with artwork files.
- Logos and non-photographic images should be in vector format. Preferred file types include .ai (Adobe Illustrator) or .eps.
- High resolution is key for digital photographs. Images should be at least 300 dpi in resolution for your desired print size, in most cases. Line art should be at least 1200 dpi.
- Images downloaded from the internet are usually not high enough in resolution, so be careful. Unless you know for sure that the image is labelled as a “high-resolution file” (and you have permission from the source and/or photographer to use it), we discourage using internet images.
- Preferred file types for photographs and other non-vector images include: .psd, .tif, and .pdf. Other types that are acceptable but less preferred are .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- If sending us a .psd file with separate layers, be sure to include any of the font files that you used. Should you have used a font that we do not have, and the type layer is not transformed into an image, the font will be substituted with another font and not appear the way that you want.
- If sending us a .pdf, .tif, or .jpg, be sure to use zero or very little compression.
- CMYK mode is required for colour graphics; Greyscale for non-colour graphics. We will convert RGB colour mode images to CMYK, so please be aware of some subtle colour shifts.
- Bleeds must extend 3mm on all applicable sides of final artwork. If your image includes a lot of tiny detail, please be aware that some of that detail may be lost when the image is placed beyond the cut-line to account for the bleed.
These are just some helpful pointers, if there is anything you’d like to discuss before sending your files then please simply give us a call on (02) 9317 3685.
We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on this website is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.